10.01.2007

you're not hardcore unless you live hardcore

This semester is proving to be very busy. Aside from my class schedule which obviously regiments my life in Potsdam I have other obligations that make my life even more regimented. Though, there is still some time for fun.

I've started my new painting, a masters copy. I have picked to copy Henri Matisse, Woman with Hat (Madame Matisse). As soon as I have time, hopefully sometime tomorrow when I am in the studio working, I will take some pictures for flickr.

Monday nights are definitely a hi-lite of the week as they are Cinema 10 nights. The first film of the Fall 2007 season, Once, was amazing. I highly recommend it to everyone!

SES is one of my biggest obligations and sucks up most of my time with meetings every Tuesday which can end up going on for hours, Coffeehouse and committee meetings on Thursdays and shows on Friday and Saturday nights. At least I get paid when I work on the weekends. This past weekend, on Friday night, Brad Byrd performed. He is amazing and is definitely going to be one of the next big things as far as the music scene goes. He already has a nationally known record out and he has just finished an EP which is fantastic. If you are into acoustic, indie, rock then you should check him out! He's got a myspace with some good tunes on it as well as a website (www.bradbyrdmusic.com).

Friday is the beginning of October break! I'll be homeward bound on the 6:30am bus.

No comments: