9.03.2007

This past week I got to hang out with Phil who was visiting Potsdam on his way to Regina. It was nice to see him since I obviously don't have the extra funds to get myself out to England any time soon. I took him into town and he had to fend for himself while I was in classes. He left me on Thursday to go to the airport.

On Friday afternoon I jumped into the car with Helen and we went out to Rochester, where she lives. Kes and Serena were there waiting for us. Again, it was amazing to see friends from York. The four of us hung out and caught up on whatever for the night. Saturday morning we were up and about around 7am to get out to Niagra Falls. It's about and hour and 1/2 drive from Helen's house out to Niagra, NY. We stayed on the American side for the day. First things first we got right onto the Maid of the Mist. That 20 minute boat ride was insane. It was so much fun and so beautiful. After getting slightly soaked we explored the side of the falls we were on and went up into the observation tower. By noon we had worked up an appetite and wound up getting something to eat at the HardRock Cafe which was across the street from the National Park. After lunch I wanted to see the Park and check out the observation points that put you right next to the falls. It was so fun. We walked around from one side of the American Falls to the other where the Bridal Veil Falls were as well. Also, we walked all the way down the park to the Horseshoe Falls. It was such a gorgeous day and the sun was hitting the mist on the falls in just the right way to create rainbows.

Our mini reunion ended on Sunday and I have been covered in paint since then as I have two four hour paintings due on Wednesday and I had painting class this morning for three hours. Right now I am off to WWII and then back to the painting studio where my crappy rendition of a brightly colored still life is mocking me.

No comments: