11.05.2008

fright night

I'm not very big on scary movies and on Halloween I made the mistake(?) of watching the Strangers. Let's just say that I had the permanent shakes that night. I was so scared! Thank god I was "sleeping over" with friends because I would not have been able to sleep by myself that night. Well, the movie induced some pretty insane nightmares which I find to be entertaining. We had been watching Om Shanti Om earlier in the day and a bit the night before so there was a nice Bollywood theme to my dream. Basically I watched the brutal murder of myself - not as if I were out of my body but as if I really were getting murdered and seeing it take place from my point of view. The murderers were, of course, masked much like those in the Strangers. This took place to Bollywood-esque music and I am pretty sure there was a dance sequence as well. Katy made an appearance as the Hindu god Vishnu sitting atop a big pile of silver spoons. That made me laugh.

Aside from the scare - which did follow into the next day at my friend's house [in the middle of nowhere] my Halloween weekend was kind of low key. I did get to visit friends in Potsdam and had a pretty entertaining and insane Thursday night at the Art Attack opening at SUNY Potsdam and then out at the bars.

No comments: