1.01.2008

holiday happenings - the dempsey clan


2007 was a great year and I was able to do so many amazing things. I will never forget the experiences of this past year. I can already sense that 2008 is going to be just as special. Many important and exciting things will be happening this year! [lame, yes. but true. sorry, i just had to go there..]

--

I love spending the Holidays with the Dempsey family. We always have so much fun. December has been very low key so far as I have been working non-stop at Wegman's since I got back from school. The only day I had off was Christmas Day as the store was closed that day. Christmas was nice this year with the family who was in town coming over to the house for dinner. We celebrated Christmas - Dempsey family style - on 29 December. Dempsey Christmas is one of my favorite days of the year since EVERYONE is in town and we just hang out and are crazy all day.

30 December: went down to New Jersey with my parents and sister to spend New Years at my Uncle Kevin's house. We try to go every year and some of the other Dempsey's try to get down there as well. If the weather is agreeable and enough people are eager to, we go into the city on New Years Eve. My sister and I lucked out this year and Uncle Kevin took us and my parents into the city to see Times Square and Rockefeller Center. We just wandered around for a few hours before heading back into Jersey. The rest of the night was spent enjoying the crazy Dempsey New Years festivities. After toasting the New Year the lot of us headed outside to semi-see the fireworks from a few towns over. The night was not complete without the Annual Midnight Rocket Launch.

No comments: